BaseballParentGuide.com - Official Blog

Welcome to the official blog of the Baseball Parent Guide. Our free baseball articles and daily post provide baseball parents with valuable drills and tips to help improve your home, team and backyard baseball practice. Our archive has hundreds of informative and useful articles and posts related to all aspects of baseball training, practice and skill development. Make sure to save this site to your favorites for future visits. Happy Hitting and Good Luck to Your Team!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The 59th Major League Allstar Game

What a great day for baseball!

Tonight I was deeply touched by the introductions at the 59th Major League Allstar Game. Seeing such a great collection of Major League Allstars on the field for the National Anthem will always be a memory that I will cherish. This is truly America's game. I am proud to have the priviledge to coach it. Thanks MLB for a special moment. It was great to Yogi Berra, one of my all time favorites Hall of Famers. The clips of him leaping high into the arms of Don Larson in the 1956 World Series were a special touch to the telecast. For more on the 1956 World Series visit the Baseball Almanac.

As I type this Derek Jeter fouls a 2-2 pitch into the right side stands. Count is now 3-2, runners are moving on the pitch, Jeter hits a comebacker, game is over. National League leads 1-0. Rats!

I can't talk about Yogi without including three of his famous quotes that I consider to be "classic":
  • "You can observe a lot just by watching."
  • "I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
  • "Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."


Thank you Yogi for the momories! Thank you Major League Baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Baseball Friend,
I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you have a question or a topic that you would like to read about, please leave a comment and I will try to address that topic as soon as I can. Good luck in the coming season!
Have a great day, Nick