BaseballParentGuide.com - Official Blog
Welcome to the official blog of the Baseball Parent Guide. Our free baseball articles and daily post provide baseball parents with valuable drills and tips to help improve your home, team and backyard baseball practice. Our archive has hundreds of informative and useful articles and posts related to all aspects of baseball training, practice and skill development. Make sure to save this site to your favorites for future visits. Happy Hitting and Good Luck to Your Team!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Sample Questions to Ask College Coaches
By Andy Pohl
One of the key components to the recruiting process is asking questions. College coaches are interested in student athletes who ask questions about their school and program. In addition, many answers to the financial questions below are essential to know before signing your scholarship. Below is a list of sample questions you can ask a college coach:
- What is the best means for you to better evaluate me as a player?
- What characteristics do you look for in your recruits?
- What position do you see me playing at the next level?
- What other players may be competing at the same position?
- Will I be redshirted my freshman year?
- How would you best describe your coaching style?
- Who else are you recruiting at my position?
- What are the long term goals of your program? How do you see me fitting into those
- What are the academic strengths of your institution?
- Who best should I contact to get a better insight on my intended major?
- What academic support programs are available to student athletes?
- If I have a diagnosed and documented disability, what kind of academic services are
available to me?
- How many credit hours should I take in season and out of season?
- Is summer school available?
- What percentage of players on scholarship graduate?
- What does my potential scholarship cover?
- What are my opportunities for employment while I am a student?
- Am I eligible for additional financial aid? Are there any restrictions?
- Under what circumstances would my scholarship be reduced or cancelled?
- Are there any academic criteria tied to maintaining my scholarship?
- What scholarship money is available after eligibility is exhausted to help me complete
- What scholarship money is available to me if I suffer a career ending injury?
Andy Pohl - Co-Founder, DNA Sports
DNA Sports specializes in personalized baseball and softball skill programs, college recruiting education and preparation, and coaching clinics. Learn more: http://www.dnasportsonline.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andy_Pohl