BaseballParentGuide.com - Official Blog

Welcome to the official blog of the Baseball Parent Guide. Our free baseball articles and daily post provide baseball parents with valuable drills and tips to help improve your home, team and backyard baseball practice. Our archive has hundreds of informative and useful articles and posts related to all aspects of baseball training, practice and skill development. Make sure to save this site to your favorites for future visits. Happy Hitting and Good Luck to Your Team!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Teach Kids How To Hit A Baseball


Available at:
Baseball2u.com

BatAction.com
Hit2win.com

Teach Kids How To Hit A Baseball
By guest author: Jeffery A Wise

A baseball player will never forget the person or people who taught him how to play. It's a great opportunity for parents to influence their kids in a good way. My dad taught me how to hit a baseball when I was young and it meant a lot to me.

He wasn't just my personal coach, though. My dad coached Little League teams all through my childhood and he even coached my team when I was 14 years old.

My first coaching experience was one-on-one with a friend's son. I thought it would be a breeze. We were both excited, but I didn't realize how difficult it would be. He had been playing organized baseball for a few years so I just briefly covered the basic fundamentals of how to stand, hold the bat and swing. I was confident his dad and coaches had already covered those areas. I could also tell he wanted to bypass the training and get straight to the hitting.

I started pitching to him and I immediately saw the frustration starting to build. I remembered having the same feelings as a kid. Kids want to be able to hit every single pitch and hit it good or they start to get frustrated. Sometimes that frustration leads to lack in confidence.

There are two important rules you should remember when teaching kids how to hit a baseball.


They don't have to swing at every pitch. Train them to swing only at good pitches.
Teach them to relax, be confident and have fun. We all want to hit well but make sure they are having a good time.

If you see them starting to get frustrated, remind them of these tips and then start throwing to them again. Hopefully you will see a change in their attitudes and their hitting. If you don't, it's probably best to take a break from practice or work on other drills. Be patient when teaching kids to hit a baseball. Don't push them to do anything spectacular or place demands on them. They will learn at their own pace and that's okay.

Jeffery A Wise invites you to learn more about youth baseball and teaching kids to hit a baseball. Start learning today on Twitter as we tweet updates that are perfect for youth batting coaches.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jeffery_A_Wise

================
Thanks to our sponsors:



Joe Mauer Quick Swing Trainer
QuickSwingTrainer.com
How Does the Quick Swing Batting Trainer Work?
Joe Mauer Quick Swing Links
Video Demo of the Joe Mauer Quick Swing Baseball Batting Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Baseball Friend,
I welcome any comments or suggestions. If you have a question or a topic that you would like to read about, please leave a comment and I will try to address that topic as soon as I can. Good luck in the coming season!
Have a great day, Nick